Tuesday, April 29, 2008

recovery center letter

Hello
I am a currently a student athlete enrolled at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. I recently researched the topic of eating disorders and learned a lot about their physical and psychological effects. I found your organization to be very helpful for people in need of this kind of help. I have visited your website and I believe it can change many lives effected by the pressures of losing weight using extreme measures.

I am writing to you today to support your cause. I have researched many eating disorder cases, mainly concerning athletes, and have found information that stunned me. I have many friends that have had and overcame a type of eating disorder. Many young adults, including young athletes, feel the pressures of disordered eating because they feel they must adhere to the "Barbie Doll" image. I support your organization in helping these young adults and adults overcome their disordered eating. As well as overcoming the mental aspects of these disorders and helping people love themselves more than what other people think. These types of recovery centers, like yourself, is one of the best ways for eating disordered individuals to get help. So I thank you for all that you and your group does for the people in your community.

Thank you,
Megan Golovkin

1 comment:

Kathleen "Kat" Robinson-Malone said...

Megan,

I really think that you have good working drafts for your letters.

Are these emails? If not, you need to make sure that you are using the proper letter format.

I think that you have a nice mixture of support and resources in your letters.

Nice work.

Take care,

Kat